Library Meeting Rooms
The Flint Public Library has several spaces available for public use. The basic criteria for events held in our meeting rooms are that the event must be non-profit and open to the public (no private meetings or parties, for example). Before you may use a room for the first time, you must review and submit a signed copy of the Public Meeting Room Policy and Application/Agreement. For repeated use of the room, we only require one signed copy, and will require that the form be filled out once per calendar year by the person/group.
- The Beverly Hospital Meeting Room (otherwise referred to as Meeting Rooms A & B)
This room can be reserved as a whole (Meeting Rooms A & B) or a half-room can be reserved (Meeting Room A or Meeting Room B). A projector is available for use as well as a projection screen in either the whole room or half (Meeting Room A only). The room in its entirety can seat up to 114 attendees comfortably without tables, and a half-room can seat up to 25-30 attendees comfortably per side without tables.
- The Vining Family Quiet Study Room
This room cannot be reserved as it is available on a first-come, first-served basis, unless permission has been given by the Library Director.
- The Trustees Meeting Room
This room can be reserved up until 15 minutes before the library’s closing hours of operation (i.e. can be reserved until 7:45PM when closing at 8:00PM and 4:45PM when closing at 5:00PM). The room can seat up to 8 attendees at maximum.
Room Request Guidelines
As of January 1, 2018, all meeting room requests must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to email your request, you may fill out a physical copy of our Meeting Room Policy and Application/Agreement and submit it in-person to a librarian at the Circulation Desk or in the Children’s Room. The Program Coordinator will review your email/application request and will reply within two to three business days. Rooms can be booked no more than 90 days in advance.
Please make sure to include the following information when submitting a request:
- The date and time of your meeting request. Please be mindful of the time it may take to setup the room (tables chairs, etc.) for your meeting as well as take-down time, and allow yourself extra time in your request if needed. Library staff is not responsible for room setup.
- The number of attendees you anticipate for your meeting. This will allow us to determine which meeting room will be suitable to accommodate the size of your meeting.
- If you will need the use of the projector and screen.
Note: Your booking is not confirmed until you have received a reply explicitly confirming the request from the Program Coordinator.
In the case of inclement weather, if the library will be experiencing any delayed openings or early closings, this information will be posted to our website, on our Facebook page, and will be emailed, too. Please contact the Program Coordinator to reschedule your meeting.