The Flint Public Library offers a robust schedule of programs that provide families with access to engaging, educational opportunities for children ages 0-12. In fact, voters on Hulafrog, a website curating local events for children, voted us “Most Loved Library of 2019”! We hope you’ll visit us soon and often.
- School Vacation Weeks & Summer Programs
Visit our calendar for special programs during February & April vacation weeks as well as throughout summer vacation. Programs include musical performances, cooking classes, puppet shows, art workshops, and so much more!
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Reading challenges aren’t just for summer any more! Click here to learn more about this reading program for children ages 0-5.
- Weekly Programming
Please click through the tabs below for more information. You may also view the library’s complete calendar of events here.
- Marvelous Mondays, 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday Playgroups, 10:15 and 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays: After-School Drop-In Programs, 3-4 p.m.
- Words on Wednesdays: Story Hour, 12:30-1:15 p.m.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: Toddler Time! 10:30 a.m.
- Fun Fridays, 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Creative Kids: A drop-in craft and sensory play session for ages 0-5.
- Get Moving: A morning of play, stretching, and dancing for ages 0-5
- Dance with Joy: Helene Joy School of Dance visits The Flint once a month for a family-friendly dance class for ages 2-5.
- Special Programs: Musical mornings with local performers, guest storytimes, and other family-friendly events
The 10:15 a.m. playgroup is for newborns-children 23 months, and the 11 a.m. playgroup is for children 2 years and older.
- Makerspace: Create any project that your imagination can conjure using the materials at hand. All ages are welcome. Children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Lego Club: Brainstorm and build with Legos! All ages are welcome. Children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Fun with Fingerpaints: A messy morning of playing with paint. Please bring a smock or apron. Ages 0-5.
- Grand Times: Volunteers from the Middleton Senior Center offer a program tailored for grandparents and their grandchildren. All are welcome, so please feel free to attend with your child even if you aren’t a grandparent. Ages 0-5.
- Yoga for Children and Caregivers: Drop in for a morning of stretching and relaxation with your little one. Briana Grieco of Mandala Garden Farms teaches this calming yoga session. Ages 0-5.