Current Flint Public Library Board of Trustees
Melissa Stankus, Chair
Gretchen Hover Moreschi
Peter Vantine, treas.
- Engage in an ongoing planning process which accesses the needs of the library and the role of the library within the community and insure that the library develops to meet those needs;
- Employ a Library Director who meets the Board of Library Commissioners’ standards, including requirements to meet the State Library Incentive Grant Program;
- Prepare a written employment contract for the Director, detailing the basic conditions of employment, as provided by the Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 78, Section 34;
- Evaluate the performance of the Director annually;
- Develop guidelines for staff selection;
- Establish a written policy for the selection of library materials and the use of library materials and facilities which is in accordance with the current standards of the American Library Association;
- Determine the policies of the library and maintain a written record thereof;
- Advise in the preparation of the budget, approve same, and secure adequate funds to finance the approved budget;
- Through the Library Director, supervise and maintain buildings and grounds, as well as regularly review various physical building needs to see that they meet the requirements of the total library program;
- Attend meetings with municipal finance and administrative boards;
- Speak and act as advocates for libraries in the community and maintain vital public relations.
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for the second Monday every month at 7 pm. Board Meetings are held in the library’s Trustees Room and are open to the public