2022 CHILDREN’S SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
June 21st – August 12th
Register for the Program
Registration for summer reading begins on June 21st! Visit the Children’s Room during
our open hours to sign up, or register online by clicking the button above. This program is for Pre-K through Grade 6.
Record Your Reading
Kids participating in the program can log their reading in person in the Children’s Room, or online by clicking the button above! We recommend using only one method to be certain that reading is logged correctly.
Paper Reading Logs
Pick up a reading log in the Children’s Room or download the PDF by clicking the button above! For every 5 hours spent reading, children will be entered into weekly raffles for prizes. Save your reading log to give to your teachers in the fall!
Summer Reading Guidelines
- Register for our children’s summer reading program online or visit the library during our summer hours to sign up.
- During the course of the summer, please log reading time either online or in-person. We recommend using only one method to be certain that reading is logged correctly.
- Reading includes books, e-books, audiobooks, comics, magazines, & more. Any type of reading counts, including being read to!
- A paper reading log is provided for you to track your reading time. Fill in 1 clock for every 15 minutes of reading. Each block of 20 clocks equals 5 hours of reading. Reading logs are available for pickup at the library or online to print at home. Save your reading log to hand in to your teachers in the fall.
- For every 5 hours of reading completed, children will be entered into weekly raffles for prizes. Tickets will remain in the raffle for the duration of the program. Each child is eligible to win only once and prizes vary.
- Children in grades K-6 who complete 20 or more hours of reading by August 12 are eligible to receive prizes from Topsfield Fair. Children under the age of 7 receive passes for two free rides, a hot dog, & drink. Children ages 8 & up receive a free admission ticket, passes for two free rides, a hot dog, & drink.
PLEASE NOTE: Only children in grades K-6 are eligible for Topsfield Fair prizes. Reading logs turned in after August 12 will not be eligible for this prize. Topsfield Fair tickets are available for pickup at the library from September 1 – September 12. We do not call with pick-up reminders, so be sure to visit the library during this time frame. Per Topsfield Fair rules, unclaimed tickets must be returned to the Fair Office after September 12.
Questions? Please call the library at 978-774-8132!